As a Firefighter you may be called upon to perform a variety of duties. They include but are not limited to: emergency calls, fires of all types, vehicle accidents, hazardous materials incidents, and a variety of customer service calls. You will also perform a number of non-emergency duties such as training of all types, fire prevention and education, public relations, maintenance of fire apparatus, equipment, and stations.
How Do I Start?
1. Complete an application and return to the District Administration Office at 2731 Hwy T Labadie, MO 63055. Applications are kept on file for up to 1 year.
2. Applications are reviewed by the Fire Chief when a position becomes available.
3. Oral interviews are conducted with Reserve Interview Committee and these findings are reported back to the Fire Chief.
4. After background check and internal checks are completed, the applicant is sent for a physical exam and drug test.
6. The successful applicant will begin the orientation process which will include an orientation class.
7. Note: An applicant will also need to possess and maintain a healthcare provider card. Classes are offered throughout the year.